Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tomato Overload





Yesterday I was worried about losing alot of the tomatoes we have on the vine due to the pending snow storm, so I picked about 125-130 of the ones that are closest to being ripe and brought them in the house and put them on the window sills and in paper bags.

I covered the ones still outside on the plants, but I have a feeling alot of them may have gotten a little too cold.
If anyone would like some tomatoes or knows how to store them in jars, please let me know.
I think we are going to have WAY too many for us to consume. I am thinking about giving some to the food bank if I cant figure out a way to store them in jars (canning).

2 comments:

Marci~ said...

Ha Ha I am in the exact same situation!!! lol I have 2 huge bowls of green tomatoes. Funny thing though Saturday happened to catch the Victory Garden on TV and they were talking about how to make roasted Green tomotoes in ouzo (sp?) sauce with warm feta. It looked REALLY good. So I'll see if I can find the recipe so we can both try it. That will take care of about 6 of our hundreds! lol Um let me see what i can find out on how to can them or freezer options and I'll repost.

Jen said...

I would LOVE some garden tomatoes! If you have any more, and you'll be at Dads this Sunday...I'll take some!!!