Monday, August 25, 2008

A good garden

I have been meaning to update my blog but I really didnt have much going on to talk about.
So my exciting news is my garden. Here are a couple of pics of my very first homemade cucumber and one of my homemade yellow squash. There were both grown from plants that started as seeds. I am excited to really be able to eat veges (other than tomatoes) I grew myself.



I have grown tomatoes before and I planted 10 regular tomato plants, plus one sweet 100 plant. My tomato plants are out of control. They are so big the tomato cages are tipping over from the weight of the plants. I love them, they are awesome.


The picture above is of all 10 tomato plants I have planted next to my driveway. It is a little blurry but you can see a few red ones in between those leaves. I just love them.

3 comments:

Marci~ said...

Don't you just love the feeling you get from growing your own! I had a turkey on wheat sandwich at work today with cucumbers, lettuce and tomato from our own garden and it was divine! :) Yeah us..I love being your little garden buddy! Hey it was great to hang out with you the other day for a bit. I am taking the shadow box's back! Changed my mind. lol

Talk to you soon!
M

Jen said...

I am so jealous! I love fresh grown tomatoes, and other veggies. We only had a garden once, and everything that did grow, which wasn't but a few things, were all miniture sized.

Cris said...

Great looking garden! Save me a tomatoe, K?