Friday, July 4, 2008

My trip to Georgia..

My trip to Atlanta, Georgia was pretty good. The travel part was not so fun, but the time I spent there was fairly enjoyable. Radiant Tech Fest was the reason for going. It is 3 days of classes to learn more about Aloha software and Radiant hardware that we sell and support at POS Technologies.
The Westin Buckhead hotel I stayed in was very nice. My room even had a mini bar with liquor and snacks. The picture below shows the view of the Lenox Square mall out my hotel window.
The building in the picture below was also one that i had a nice view of out my hotel window and I found it to be very unusual and striking. I think it had trees growing on the roof.
The picture below is of the Lenox Square mall. It was a very high end mall with Macy's, Bloomingdales, Cartier, Crate and Barrel, and tons of other shops. It was huge AND it has Valet parking. HOly cow. I saw a Lamborgini parked out front along with lots of Mercedes and BMW's. Down the block from the mall was a Saks Fifth Avenue. So this whole area (Buckhead) seemed to be an affluent area. The picture below is of a statue in front of the Lenox Square mall. I thought it was cute. Below is a picture of the room at Maggiano's where we had our closing dinner for Tech Fest on Monday night.
Below are two pictures of interesting sculptures in the Atlanta Airport walkway. I think they are very cool.


3 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Happy Happy
Birthday Joannnnnne!

Hope you had a great one...sorry this birthday wish is a bit late.

Love you!

Jen

Cris said...

Glad you had a good time in Atlanta...Hope you had a Happy Birthday! Did you do something fun? I love your pics...glad you bought a new camera!

Marci~ said...

Yes ditto on the happy birthday wishes! I was bummed to not be here for it but glad we got to get out to yummy Thai food the week before for a pre bday get together! I'd never seen pics of Atlanta before so thanks for sharing!! I'll add some from our MT 4th of July trip to my blog so you can check out how freaking cute Mayzee is! :) Talk to you soon!